A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Ellipsetron is an arcade/fixed shooter inspired by the games like Tempest and Gyruss.
In its core, Ellipsetron is an arena shooter. You are controlling a ship and fighting against endless hordes of enemies. However there is one unique twist, you can't move freely. Instead, your movement restricted by two elliptical orbits. When your ship is located on the first orbit it can shoot towards the center of the screen and when it is located on the second orbit it can shoot outwards the center of the screen, killing enemies behind its back. This movement restriction in pair with specific enemy behaviors creates a unique game dynamic.
To survive constantly move, change orbits in response to threats, collect power-ups and bonus weapons. To restore health perform long "killstreak" chains. When surrounded by enemies use bombs to clear the field.
The game has four game modes
- Progression - fight against ten enemy waves, each one harder than previous
- Rush - endless fast-paced game on the hardest difficulty
- Overpopulation - destroy countless hordes of slow enemies
- Evasion - try to evade threats without guns, explode one bomb in 20 seconds, use powerups to survive
- 4 bonus weapons
- 4 powerups
- 11 enemy types
- gamepad and keyboard support
- colorful neon graphics
- optional "autofire" mode
Big thanks to Caspro for permission to use his music in this project.
Game distributed as single executable. Just download and run.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.